Marrowforums

Marrowforums (http://forums.marrowforums.org/index.php)
-   Tell Your Story (http://forums.marrowforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Another MDS to BMT - New forum member (http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=3792)

Cheryl C Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:25 PM

Wonderful news, Whizbang! All the very best for continuing success.

DebS Fri Oct 25, 2013 07:37 AM

Great news, Dave! Hang tough! How are you able to have a banana? Doug was put off of all fresh fruits and vegetables months ago.

He is having a very difficult time eating Day +18. He is doing better on liquids, but nothing tastes good to him now. I keep telling him that he is eating for nutrition at this point, not flavor:( So I keep trying to get creative in my cooking.

Take care.
Deb

Jill2008 Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:23 AM

Hi, I just read your post and had to respond. I was diagnosed with MDS at the age of 47. I also had multiple chromosome abnormalities, including 5q- and Monosomy 7. My counts were stable for two years and then they began to decline so we went ahead with a stem-cell transplant. I only have one half-brother, so we went to a donor search. I had four matches and the donor they chose was a 48-year old male from Germany. You are very fortunate to have five siblings, one of which is a perfect match.
I also have three daughters and my youngest was 14 at the time I was diagnosed so I know how you feel. There is hope and I wish you the best on your journey! Feel free to message me any time. Hugs and prayers!
Jill

sbk007 Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:06 PM

Dave, You're doing great! Keep up the good work.
Your WBC's are higher than I've seen them!
Keep eating. Don't give the staff a hard time, and don't knock anyone over or disconnect any wires when you take your 1 mile laps.

Susan L Fri Oct 25, 2013 04:45 PM

Dave

Hi - Your counts look great - happy to hear you are doing good - glad you are eating some and hang in there - Best to you - I'll be following you all shortly . :)

Whizbang Mon Oct 28, 2013 09:22 PM

One more cytoxin, and one more rabbit ATF, tomorrow is d-2.... My brother gave 9 million stem cells in one sitting, they only need 6 million...

God bless and be well...

DebS Tue Oct 29, 2013 07:18 AM

Hang in there, Dave. I know that the Cytoxan is tough. The ATG is no party either. You are doing great to be responding and letting us know what is going on with you.

Prayers, hugs, and best wishes!

Doug & Deb

sbk007 Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:01 AM

You're doing great Dave!!!. Glad your posting it means your hanging in and on your way So..What happens to the 3 million extra stem cells? Does your Bro want them back?? Hang in there you're doing great. Keep posting!!
Steve

Whizbang Wed Oct 30, 2013 02:17 PM

D-1 'day of rest'

Not quite, cytotoxin has given me hiccups (continuous) I get rid of them, they come right back...

Not so bad except for the terrible headache that comes with it... Oxy please....

This too shall pass, but I feel robbed of my day of rest.... :( :(

God Bless...

sbk007 Wed Oct 30, 2013 05:05 PM

Hang in there! your doing great!!!

Susan L Wed Oct 30, 2013 05:33 PM

Dave

Sorry you had a little problem - but best wishes on your day tomorrow -

DebS Wed Oct 30, 2013 05:52 PM

Dave,

Doug got robbed of that day of rest also. I think they put it in there just to mess with you! Best of luck tomorrow. We will all be thinking and praying for you.

Please don't hesitate to ask for pain relief. I think sometimes Doug waited too long to tough it out. No heroics, please!

Take care.
Deb

sbk007 Wed Oct 30, 2013 06:15 PM

Take the drugs Dave

I'm with Deb, take the good stuff as needed. I'd probably be asking for morphine drips and one of those hookahs(sp?) stuffed with hash or high grade weed to get me through it......;):).
Keep posting!! Tomorrow is gonna be a great day for you. I know it.

Cheryl C Thu Oct 31, 2013 05:39 AM

Thinking of and praying for you Whizbang! I wish you a successful outcome with no GVHD!

Whizbang Thu Oct 31, 2013 01:49 PM

1:10 pm 10/31/2013

Stem cells were transplanted, closer to 10MM....!

Uneventful, hicups cooperated, but are back now...

Best to all... God bless.

Neil Cuadra Thu Oct 31, 2013 02:27 PM

You're a new person! And from now on you get two birthdays every year.

susanML Thu Oct 31, 2013 02:34 PM

Dave

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Hope you have smooth sailing. Hang in there.

sbk007 Thu Oct 31, 2013 03:26 PM

Congrats Dave!!
10 million!! Wow. The more the merrier.
Enjoy your new stem cells and keep posting!!

Heather8773 Thu Oct 31, 2013 06:28 PM

Yaaaay happy re Bday!

DebS Thu Oct 31, 2013 07:37 PM

It is great that you keep posting! You will ALWAYS remember your birthday. You definitely got treats and not tricks!

Prayer and best wishes.

Deb

DebS Thu Oct 31, 2013 07:38 PM

I keep leaving the s off of prayers. You know that we are giving you more than one!

Whizbang Sat Nov 2, 2013 10:05 AM

D+2

PLTs dropped to 9, will have first transfusion...

Throat on fire, 3-4/10 pain, 7/10 if trying to swallow... (mucositis)

Hiccups are continuous but not as bad...

Hoping transfusion will add energy...

Otherwise par for course....

Best to all, and God bless...

sbk007 Sat Nov 2, 2013 11:39 AM

Keep up the good work

Glad your posting!!. Ya took the day off yesterday but that's o.k.
Its normal for your counts to goto near zero so please don't get fixated w/ the numbers they're gonna change every time they test it..
Hope your throat clears up soon, and the hiccups will go away soon.
I would tell you to hold your breath for 5-6 minutes but I wouldn't want you to pass out:) Better days ahead! Hang in there.

Whizbang Sat Nov 2, 2013 12:26 PM

Breathing into a 'new' non down pillow, helps kind of like breathing into a paper bag, but more gradual...

The build up of carbon dioxide does help to get rid if hiccups most of the time... I save this for when I need to go to sleep...

Regards...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbk007 (Post 31224)
I would tell you to hold your breath for 5-6 minutes but I wouldn't want you to pass out:) Better days ahead! Hang in there.

Susan L Sat Nov 2, 2013 12:56 PM

Dave

Good info to keep in mind--hope your throat gets better.. Hang in there ---