View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 20, 2009, 11:16 AM

Getting Ready To Go

I will remember David and hope we can all join in Spirit and tap into each others strength!
We will be leaving today for the house in Petaluma it is a 2 1/2 hour drive! I have been working on packing household items and clothes for different legs of my journey, books, books on tape, family pictures..It is a lot of coordinating.
My brother and family are coming to the house for a BBQ tomorrow and we decided to spend Monday night in San Francisco so we can avoid the commute traffic.We are staying about a block from Ocean beach so I can get another Ocean fix. My husband will be staying here while he is in town.
I finally got my chromosome report and they are still normal thank God. I guess the German Donor spot services a lot of Europe so my donor may not be German. Maybe She will be a Swede like me! I am so curious. Anyway I have to be at the Clinic at 9 am Tuesday . More blood tests, an appointment to make sure I'm not sick! Hospital Admission paperwork. Catheter placement around 1:00 PM eventually I will make it to a room so I will give you that info when I get it. Every one take care!!
Vera, 56 yo female Dx RAEB II 10-08, 11-12% blasts. Normal chromosomes. Started Vidaza 10-08. . Improved Dx 3-09 MDS RA 2% blasts 8 cycles Vidaza! SCT transplant 7-1-09 at UCSF. Normal bone marrow and MDS free as of 10-09