View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 11:58 PM

Talking Doctor's lack of Knowledge or failure to inform

Unfortunately, there seem to be many different diagnosis possibilities with each of us. Usually, our predisposition to be intolerant of drugs and other health issues affect our reactions.....both physical and emotional. Frankly, there is so much that is unknown. The sad fact is that many things are not changing as far as meds that work and treatment. My first child was born with aplastic anemia, living only on transfusions a day short of 3 months. The treatment then was prednisone and only talk in the media in 1968 about bone marrow transplants. From what I have read, nothing much has changed. So, you members that have been reading my posts may understand better that this MDS diagnosis was a "punch in my gut"; plus, I probably know far too much for some doctors.

I am impressed with the fact that you members are so knowledgeable. I am an educator, so my doctors already have found out that I can read journal articles and figure out some things for myself. Do not be afraid to study, ask questions, and be bold enough to say "NO". This is your body; you know you better than anyone.

Keep on believing and fighting! It is not easy, but what we learn may help another all around the world! Birgette.....you either study 24-7 or have a medical background. You have been a blessing to me.