View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 9, 2010, 09:59 AM

Had my 3rd BMB yesterday, it was a piece of cake this time but I am a little sore today. Still no aspirate. She said more results came back from the 2nd one showing no clones, so I guess that is good. She also said she would have referred me to Dr Wells, but I said my GP already did. She is going to make sure the results are sent before my appt next Friday. Also, she is going to ask for a specific hematopathologist to read the results this time.

I talked to her briefly about the olmesartan that I'm on, it hasn't seemed to have helped my counts but I've had a huge improvement in chronic back pain and my insomnia is gone after years and I no longer need meds to sleep. She said I should stay on it. Anyway, I am going to fax a bit of info about it to Dr Wells. Olmesartan is a VDR agonist. I've been on it almost 7 months. Its looking like my condition may not be VDR mediated, or maybe not totally. With other autoimmune conditions, it usually takes 3 - 5 years. I obviously can't remain transfusion-dependent for that long if there are other treatments that would work better. But anyway, he should know what I'm taking in case I need to do another treatment. If I never tried the olmesartan I never would have had this chronic pain relief, so that is a huge thing. If I could get this darned anemia under control, I could ride my horse as much as I wanted.

I'm off to visit my horse, no riding today as my hip is sore from the BMB.

Deb