Thread: Vidaza Reaction
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 11, 2010, 02:30 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad.

If he has had infections and fevers,then, it's not surprising that he has had episodes of confusion and aggression. I've just finished my 3rd cycle of Vidaza and I've had fevers with all 3 cycles but I've had negative blood cultures. My doctor thinks that the fevers are a drug reaction but isn't willing to take the risk of not treating as if it's an infection.

I haven't read anywhere that confusion or aggression are side effects of Vidaza so it's possibly related to either the infection or the fever causing cerebral irritation.

It's very hard to accept your Dads wish to not pursue further treatment but unless his thinking has been clouded by his illness, you'll have to accept his wishes and just be there for him as he battles this disease. I'm sure you wouldn't want him to pursue further treatment only to make the rest of the family happy.

I also agree that if you don't feel satisfied with his current doctor then you really need to ask for another opinion or bite the bullet and tell his current doctor that the family feel as if they aren't being included in decision making and communications. He may not be aware that he has been so aloof.

I wish you and your Dad all the best.
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion