View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 27, 2011, 10:19 AM

Thank you for responding. I've had two hematologists and one said it could be aplastic anemia but the last one said he thought MDS. I used to take the antibiotic Sulfatrim every day for about 3 years; however, the 2nd doctor said that since I don't take it anymore, my blood should have returned to normal. That might be why he thinks MDS. It seems I've read that AA is more rare so maybe that is why. They've looked at my blood cells so perhaps that led him to believe it isn't AA? Until I get a BMB (which hopefully I won't need for a long time!), I'm just gathering information so I can be aware, informed, and know what symptoms to look for.

My last CBC showed lower RBC but that's new. It's previously always been in normal range. I get blood tests every 6 months and we just keep an eye on the numbers. Do you know if there have been studies done showing when CBCs first drop to when symptoms show or treatment is needed?

I appreciate your responses and my heart goes out to those that are dealing with these diseases and the uncertainty that goes with it. I will absolutely be including you all in my prayers.

Steph