View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 2, 2011, 01:01 PM

Revlimid

Hi Greg,
You know I got my dx 2006 and spend about 2 hours a day at my computer since then. I belong to several supportgroups, have many drug companies as "favorites" and drugs as Google alerts, look at PubMed, follow the abstracts from the big conferences and so on.

Hope they will show dr Sekeres webinar at the AA MDS home site later.

I received txs about once a month during 4 years (May 2006-April 2010). The interval was longer during short periods when I received different iron chelators like Desferal, Ferriprox (not approved in the US) and Exjade.

Then rather suddenly May 2010 I had to have txs every week and my dysfunctional platelets decreased to 22. I was afraid of getting a brain bleeding so I accepted Thalidomide and was very surprised when my platelets after one month was 43. Now it is one year since I needed a tx and I am very thankful for the good response.

I have had several irregular antibodies since dx though I never got any txs before dx and have had to leave blood for X-test the day before tx. I have much more hemolysis than most patients due to these antibodies.

I don't know much about SCT (Ruth is the expert) but I have not read anything about antibodies and SCT.
Kind regards
Birgitta-A