View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 27, 2011, 11:45 AM

I had just followed this link in another post when I read your story. Please read the story from Dianne W., USA . . . I thought of it immediately when I read about your father.

http://www.mdslifebeyondlimits.org/s...eir-own-words/

Yeah, your Dad is 83 while Dianne was 45 at diagnosis . . . but the story shows that nothing is impossible in this not-always-well-understood disease. Would your father be happy at your home? Would it give him something more to live for or more pleasure in whatever life he has left? It would certainly be easier and more pleasant for you to be home with your family . . . and that would probably make it easier for him, too. An acquaintance has been staying across the country with her mother with what started as a six-month life expectancy . . . she has been there almost three years now and it is very tough on all concerned.

My husband, 70, started getting his diagnosis in May, also, and I am terrified of the survival statistics . . . so I quit looking at them. No expiration dates here, and Jens is more than capable of defying the statistics. He also went through the falling almost daily, but is much better now. Thursday, we went up to my sister's for Thanksgiving and we are all thankful that he so enjoyed the day . . . and his favorite turkey leg . . . and we fully expect to be back there next year.

Hang in there.
hubby 73, dx NHL 2001, CNS involvement. SCT (auto) 5/08 [dx UTUC renal pelvis, 2010/surgeries/MMC], MANY recurrences, chemos, surgeries, rad. dx t-MDS 3/11: IPSS 1.5 (Int-2); MDA 11, RCMD trilineage, inc. Fe, ring sideroblasts, 7q del/mono 7 (51.5%), 46,XY,t(6,17)(p22;q25)[4]/45,XY,-7[4]/46,XY[12].