View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 27, 2012, 08:16 AM

Fever driving me crazy

Dear all;

yesterday dad had transfusion 2 units blood and one unit Platelets, actually he needs transfusion on weekly bases sometime more than one week.

The problem now, is the fever. last night and after platelets transfusion his temperature went up to 38.1c than went down to normal before discharge from hospital and than we quit hospital. (he is on the following antibiotics: Valtrex, Fluconazol, Levofloxacin)

Today his temperature is oscillating up and down between 37.6c and 38.0 and i have no idea the reason of this fever. i called his hematologist he asked me to give him a new antibiotics for 7 days (Dalacin300mg) and wait and watch fever.

honestly im afraid from the night fever to go up above 38 and dono what to do then....and now he is taking 4 kinds of antibiotics and i dont know what side effects they can make.

Dad is Neutropenic and his ANC is always between 100 and 200 and his doctors has stoped the neupogen because it may raise the blast counts.

so hard to be scared all time waiting temperature to go up and down every 15mnts and cant know if we will stay home or go to hospital....

any idea about fever and if we can stay home even if temp. goes above 38c without IV??