View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 3, 2012, 09:38 AM

Blast increasing

Dear Friends;

this is the time for the fourth cycle of VIDAZA of my Dear father, he is somehow stable, he use transfusion for blood and platelets every 10 days.

My question is Why Blasts in peripheral blood are increasing day by day (15% - 19% - 22% - 28%....) every time just before we start the new cycle??

What does it mean Blasts in peripheral blood? does it mean that his case is declining rapidly without any benefit from VIDAZA?

Our hematologist stoped the neupogen, claiming that it may increasing blasts, and now his ANC is too too low like 10 and even though the blasts are still climbing.

PS: once we start VIDAZA blasts start decreasing gradually before its getting up again in 25 days. We know that MDS has been transformed to AML lately but i want to be sure that his hematologist is on the right way for the treatment of my father.

there is no new symptoms...tks god there is no hemolysis due lot of transfusion, and he is taking IVIG each month for his neuropathy (CIDP) case, last month he took double dose (140g of IVIG)

Increasing Blasts are scaring me...i want the best treatment for my father i dont want to let the doctor to commit any mistake....i believe in you Dear friends please help me.

Best regard

ziad.