View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 9, 2012, 08:01 PM

Patti,

I'm so glad that things went so good today and especially that you had a caring nurse that was there to help explain things. That makes all the difference in the world. Glad to know that Dean tolerated the Dacogen and all the other meds too. And it is good that you asked questions. I was a court reporter up until about six years ago and I got to hear about all the terrible things that happen because people don't ask. So I'm always in their faces and always asking questions. You absolutely have to.
Hope you can get a good night's sleep tonight. It is good to have this first day behind you.
We are not sure how long we will be at Moffitt, it all depends on what our options are. They are going to have to set up another bone marrow biopsy, for sure, if he goes into another clinical trial as the protocol says it has to be in the last 30 days. That is why we were pushing so hard to try and get there last week, but it was not to be.
Al is feeling better today with just a slight fever, so hopefully it was just a 24 hour bug.
God bless you and lots and lots of HUGS! Good luck tomorrow, too.
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.