View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 18, 2012, 12:14 PM

Hi Beth,

I can't believe what happened to you with the rental home. I have a dog, Pebbles, and I know that if a dog is infested with fleas, you would know it! They are all over the dog. We give our dog a monthly flea treatment. Our vet keeps telling us that all dogs in Florida have fleas. Ha, ha, everytime we visit this vet he runs a flea comb over her body and never once has he found a flea.

We did stay in a hotel once on our travels, in a pet room, and the next morning Pebbles was itching like crazy. I rolled her over and there were hundreds of fleas on her body. Scared me to death to see that many. We threw her in the tub and kept washing her, saw fleas jumping left and right. We couldn't get out of that room and hotel fast enough.

Dean and I live in a retirement community, we moved to Clearwater a year ago from the Orlando area and enjoy being so close to the gulf.

I wish I was able to speak up, I ask questions, but am not very good at speaking up when I disagree with a situation. Dean's oncologist is from Mexico, he seems to be caring and compassionate, but doesn't give information or like to answer our questions, just keeps saying "trust me", and I don't like that.

Dean's cardiologist gave us the name of an oncologist and we are making an appointment on Monday. Dean is nervous about going to someone new and probably starting all over again, but he also does not like the fact that his current oncologist doesn't answer our questions or concerns. Hopefully this new oncologist will be different. I guess, like you say, we will be interviewing him.

I will email you right after I submit this post.

Keeping you and Earl in our prayers.

(HUG)

Patti
Dean,age 76, dx MDS, RAEB-2, 17% blasts, June 2012 - May 2013 - Dacogen with Neupogen and transfusions as needed. End of May 2013 Dacogen stopped working. BMB July 2013 shows RAEB-2 and severe Myelofibrosis. Passed away September 30, 2013