View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 15, 2012, 08:58 AM

Hi Ruth thanks so much for your reply.

Having a forum like this is simply fantastic so a huge thank you to you and your husband.

I started ATG yesterday evening. My only side effect was a rash. It was just red and raised but was not itchy so that was good. They gave me some more benadryl and increased the steriod and that seemed to stop it and this morning it is no longer present. I am not sure what this second dose later today will bring but I am feeling very strong and positive.

My counts immediately prior to coming into ATG were WBC 3.3, HGB 7.4 (hard to know how accurate that one is as I had a rbc transfusion about 11 days ago my rbc at that time was 6.8) my ANC 290 and my plts 56 going into the ATG due to transfusion the day before but naturally around 15). This morning only about 3 hours after completing the first course of ATG my wbc is holding my hgb has dropped to 6.3 and my plts have nose dived to 13.

I was a bit disappointed to hear how rapidly the plts fell away as do not think I can blame this massive fall on the ATG.

Thanks again for your information.