View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:06 PM

Colonics with diagnosis of AA

Darija, colonics may or may not be safe for you. Anti cancer drugs sometimes causes thinning of the lining of the intestines. In general, colon therapy is safe if you find a safe practitioner. With your diagnosis and drug therapy, it is wise to consult with your physician. If you are struggling with constipation, a competent colon hydro-therapist can discuss your options for dealing with this uncomfortable condition. I am a colon hydro-therapist and I would want your doctor's blessing before doing a session with you. The Mayo clinic does have a good article about finding a competent colon hydro-therapist. Essentially, the therapist should be certified, should use all disposable tubing and speculums, should do an intake form asking about your medical history and any contraindications and should seek a prescription from the client's physician if there is a serious illness for which you are being treated. In addition, the therapist should be using an FDA approved device which allows the operator to control the pressure and water flow.

I hope you find relief and healing.