Thread: New Diagnosis
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 27, 2013, 12:16 AM

Yes, Moffitt Cancer Center

Carla, your dad sounds like he is early in the disease process and "watch and wait" is a wonderful place to be. That being said the more he and you know about MDS the easier the future will be. If your dad wants to explore getting the opinion of one of the experts in MDS, Dr Alan List and his team are renown, well written and called on for their evaluation for some of the most difficult cases. Their research and articles speak well for them. We traveled 650 miles for their opinion.
I can not sing the praises of Moffitt Cancer Center enough, they are compassionate, caring and on top of every development in the field. Everyone is so positive. They are also doing genome research.
Dr Anesetti who heads the Bone Marrow Transplant program is remarkable as well. An artist and a scientist, able to micromanage the healing process after HSCT.
Moffitt's referral process is easy to navigate. If you need any help let me know.
My best to you and your family as you navigate this difficult time.
kris