View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 7, 2013, 03:39 PM

"Mini Transplant" in April

My husband will have a mini transplant next month for MDS. He'll go in for some low dose chemo and radiation a few days ahead of time, get the transplant and go home next day. Next day....when the doctor said that I almost fell out of my chair. He also said since I only live 2 miles from the hospital (and that's also my place of employment) I don't need to stay home 24/7 to watch him...I can go to work...(yeah finances!)

He made it sound like a piece of cake....hmmm. The closer it was getting to the date, the more stressed out about financial issues of not working and terrified about not doing something right, or noticing the right thing, etc as a caregiver I was getting. I'm feeling much calmer now. Sounds like I just continue my extreme infection control measures around the house, keep up with what meds when, meal preps, laundry, shopping and all the things I've been doing for the last 2 years.....Right????