Thread: ATG Success
View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 5, 2013, 11:56 PM

In 3 weeks it will be 2 years since I was diagnosed with SAA. I had my first round of horse ATG in Oct. 2011. I had some response within the first month, but not much. I had my second round of horse ATG in April 2012. My platelets and white cells responded in a couple of weeks. The red cells took a little longer. I was on Cyclosporine from the start. Last Oct. (2012) I began a slow taper. I wasn't on a very high dose to begin with. My counts were all in normal range as of March this year. I got off of ALL medications in July! My counts are still rising, and have all stayed in the normal range. I have felt good since my counts have come up, but I have felt wonderful since I have gotten off of all medicine. Remission is an awesome thing. But like others have said, the thought of relapse is still there. My doctor says that the first year off of cyclosporine is the most critical. I get labs done every three weeks, so I feel like I will see a change as soon as it starts. Best of luck to all those fighting this tricky disease.