View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 23, 2013, 04:28 AM

Yes Birgitta, it's almost unbelievable but I'm over the moon about it. Even better is that if we let the copper drop and the Hb drop a little too then have copper and let my body manufacture the blood, it uses up my iron stores.

It's an easy way of doing the same thing as a venesection. When my ferritin drops to normal levels, I'll have the copper infusions often enough to keep my Hb in normal range so I don't become iron deficient.

The move to this doctor was the best thing I've done for my quality of life and my health. I feel a little guilty saying this because I really liked and trusted my haematologist too but sometimes both the doctor and patient can change attitudes and its best to move on.

I'm also pleased to read that the Revlimid is working for you. I hope you don't get many side effects.

I hope you had a nice summer. I suppose the days are getting cooler and the days getting shorter. I don't know how I'd cope with a Swedish winter. It's bad enough here and our day time temperature is around 18-22 degrees Celsius in winter.

Regards

Chirley