View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 26, 2013, 11:09 AM

Hi Dave,
So glad you are doing fabulously after SCT. Steven sent me your message. I get so confused on this site. I couldn't locate it.
Yes my neighbor across the hall had a cord blood transplant at MSK and she is 69. She is doing well with a few bumps along the way..a far slower recovery than you..She told me as soon as I was diagnosed that I had to go to MSK for the transplant.
Who is your doctor there?

We live literally down the street from the hospital. I am not sure where you are staying but we would love to visit you if you are able to have visitors..and want them. My counts are low due to first Vidaza treatment...anc .3; platelets 21,000; rbc holding at 11.5. I start treatment again in two weeks.I am being treated by Dr. Roboz at NYP. She is a wonderful doctor and completely supports my decision to go to MSK for transplant. I am on the registry there and they have identified three potential donors.

My prayers are with you to keep up your incredible recovery.
Let me know if you want a visit. My email is abooth94@gmail.com and my phone number is 917-648-1382.

Happy Thanksgiving..We can all be thankful for the progress made in medicine particularly in bone marrow and stem cell transplant. Dr. Girard says that 10 years ago he would not have even had a conversation with a patient age 55 or older. Now transplants are routine for people into their 70's.

All the best,
Alyse