View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 10, 2014, 04:31 PM

5 Years later.

Hello,

Mom is doing well. Has been working much around the house, but slowing down due to her age. We all still talk about pop... A LOT, and he is with us everyday. Funny thing, I am no longer in the Auto Repair Business after doing it 27 years as a living. I am now working at the Local Hospital as a CRCST in the OR Department. Many people there, especially those in Katie's World still talk about Pop. He did leave a lasting impression on many. Since I have started there back in June of 2012, I have helped on Many Pick Lines, and I find myself having so much compassion for these people, as I remember when pop got his.

I think of those I discussed things with here often, as much to say on a daily basis. This site has helped me cope with my fathers illness and his passing. As I said many times, he not only taught me how to live and love family, he also showed me how to die with dignity.

God Bless all of you, and I do hope Pop's story has helped.

Scott
Son of Bob.
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.