View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 14, 2014, 09:50 AM

Talking My London marathon ExtraMile videos

Hello all! I've not posted here in a while as I haven't had much news to share. I'm at 4.5 years post transplant with not too much to complain about, and I'm happy to report that I'm deep into training for my third post-transplant marathon (with my fourth in Berlin in September!).

I'm running London marathon in April for Anthony Nolan (the UK's bone marrow donor database charity) and they put me up for a special video project the marathon sponsors are running called Extra Mile. It's a big site gathering together inspiration from regular runners, but they're making a series of videos following four inspiring charity runners (that's me!) through to race day.

The first teaser video went up last week, and saw my blue wig in a ton of ads all over the internet!

WATCH HERE
(sorry I can't embed the videos here!)

The second video went live today, and was filmed on my moorings and I explain about my transplant and how I found out I was ill:

WATCH HERE

I'll bump this thread and post the other videos as they go live! I know funds are really tight when you're dealing with a major illness (it took us like 2 full years to dig ourselves out of my transplant-based financial hole), but if you do have any spare cash to donate to my fundraising, it'd be appreciated! http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/melissafehr

Oh, and I got the amazing news yesterday (unrelated to this stuff) that I'll be speaking at the House of Commons (!!) in ten days' time about a special Stem Cell Transplant bill! I had to pick my jaw up off the floor! So excited but so nervous too.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-02-05 at 12.07.20.png (195.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-02-14 at 14.18.42.png (290.4 KB, 17 views)
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)

Last edited by squirrellypoo : Fri Feb 14, 2014 at 09:51 AM. Reason: typo