View Single Post
Old Wed May 7, 2014, 07:50 PM

General Feeling

Everyone says everyone is different and that is so true. It is nearly impossible to describe how one feels. I always say I feel great and I do.

I keep hearing friends say: "How do you feel?" or "I am so glad you are feeling better" or "You sure don't look sick" or "How can you get that much chemo and not feel bad?" I feel no different than I did before my diagnosis. I play pickleball three times a week, bike with our club 10 miles every Saturday morning, walk the dog about two miles every day and rehearse for our gigs as we have contracts for performances at five festivals this summer.

Next Monday I begin my 20th cycle of Azacedidiene treatments followed by a shot of Neulasta. I pray for at least another 20 cycles plus 20 more.

I am very grateful and thank God daily, actually many times a day that I can continue my life only being tied down to 10 days at an infusion center (7 days plus the shot plus two blood draws each month).

But, everyone is different and responds differently.
Shirley, age 75 diagnosed MDS REAB II, 2/6/12, blasts 10%, Dacogen 7 cycles, blasts 1.2%. Stopped treatment for 8 months. 3/19/13 blasts crept up to .06. Began Vidaza. After 3 rounds blasts .01. Continuing Vidaza for rest of my life.