View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 1, 2015, 11:36 PM

I haven't posted her for several months but I didn't expect to read your message, Brigitta. I wish you many comforts as you go on the journey. You have been an amazing support to us all.

My dear husband passed away in November. He went down very rapidly in the end but looking back I could see things I couldn't see then regarding his being less strong though he still had plans for the next garden. It was so very helpful to be able to read on this site, including input from you, Brigitta. In the end Don was diagnosed at Cleveland Clinic with cmml1. There were always questions of his exact illness so we went with the flow when it was suggested he may have MDS. Then when another doctor said maybe cmml1 we went with that. He was strong and responsive to the end.

I made a contribution to aamds.org in his memory and hope it helps solve some of the issues with MDS, at least defining what it is and which form you have and which meds will help. In the end we need treatments and cures. I wish you all good health and strength to keep learning and helping each other.