View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 18, 2015, 03:30 PM

Grover, we wish your father-in-law the best of outcomes. Vidaza saved/extended my life with little side effects. About 40-50 percent of people respond to Vidaza, hopefully your FIL will be one of those. I was on Vidaza for eight months and I improved until my counts were normal and I then had a stem cell transplant. While on Vidaza I was golfing every week and living a very normal life. It is very important to be aware that the anti-nausea pills they will give him will cause constipation in most people. It can become very serious. Be ready with the Miralax.

Learn as much as you can about MDS. The archives on this forum cover about every topic that you can imagine. Ask questions. It is very difficult for doctors to give a prognosis because every person has a different experience. How is your FILs health besides the MDS?