View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 17, 2015, 02:56 AM

Hi

Thanks for the info. And that you limit your use of supplements. Seems like a better way to go.

From on earlier post from beloved and generous Birgitta regarding blasts and neupogen FYI:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birgitta-A View Post
Hi Chirley,
You know in Sweden the very good researcher, professor Eva Hellstöm-Lindberg, after many years of research on the leucemic transformation in MDS patients treated with Neupogen has said that there is no increased risk for transformation to AML for MDS patients. "We conclude that Epo and G-CSF treatment does not affect overall survival or risk of AML evolution in comparison with supportive care only."
http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrar...ract/106/3/803

I have been treated with Neupogen 2 injections/week since Sept 2007 when I had neutropenic fever and now when I get Thalidomide I take Neupogen 3 injections/week. My latest BMB June 2010 still showed less that 5% blast cells.

I think that a lot of antibiotics can decrease all counts especially the platelets - look at hematological adverse reactions for the antibiotics you are receiving.

As you already are aware of it is very common that the Vidaza response often takes up to 6 months - we hope for the response to come soon!
Kind regards
Birgitta-A