View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 12, 2016, 04:35 PM

Worst News Possible Today

The results from the bmb came in. The MDS has transformed into AML. Blasts are 67%. They will not be doing a transplant.

They gave us the option of palliative care - which would give me a couple of months or really strong chemo called 7 + 3 which could either kill me or put me in or close to remission. We chose the 7 +3 which I start tomorrow. They will admit me to the chemo floor late tomorrow sometime and start it right away. I guess it is similar to the chemo I would have before the transplant. If I make it through, I will be in the hospital a month and then they will do another bmb, etc. to see where I am.

The dr. said the 10-15% of patients do not make it through and my odds would be a little worse because of all I have been through. My husband and I decided even 50% was better than none.

Feeling pretty hopeless right now. If anyone has any success stories about someone in a similar situation, I would love to hear them.

Tracey