View Single Post
Old Tue May 10, 2022, 11:06 AM

I am sorry to hear this, mola-tecta. She will get stronger in the weeks to come. The main is for her appetite to return.

Yes, it is a hard to find a PCP: no one wants to treat my mother, either. She has to really on her hematologist for everything. But, thankfully, the only medication she's on is prescribed by said doctor (2 medicines).

Your mother's levels are fantastic, though, at this stage. Congratulations! Keep your head up. May this path upwards continue for her.

My mother is not doing so well, but we just keep forging ahead every day. She is getting wild swings in blood levels (big rises and then big drops), but no one knows why. No purpose in asking anymore. Her platelets are always the same. And her neutrophils used to be 1000 or above, but now they're back at 500 (sometimes less). The hematologist told us last time that there is a lot more to the immune system than just neutrophils. I just don't want them to go and stay under 300.

We just watch and continue to wait. We were told that she did respond to immuno-suppressant therapy because of her neutrophils rising to over 1000 for a several months, as well as the increased cellularity in her bone marrow. So, ATG was not all in vain at this stage. The wild swings in blood, again, are a mystery. But if nothing were working, her blood would only continue to drop a few days after a transfusion -- it surely wouldn't rise 9 days or so after a transfusion (natural rise). Who knows? LOL. Strangely, two months ago, her blood held for 3 weeks at 7.7. Go figure!

All the best.

Take good care of yourself.

Last edited by Matthew42 : Tue May 10, 2022 at 11:17 AM.