View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 25, 2008, 11:21 AM

Here's a new Twist

O.k.

I don't know what you all heard, but here is the poop. Last Wednesday the 23rd, about 10 a.m. I was under the dash of a VW new Beetle, {dang Germans}. I was in one of those contorted positions, and got lite headed. I got out, took a breath and shook it off. Climbed back in, and the under side of the dash started spinning. I was attempting to take voltage readings at numbered pins, but I did not recognize the numbers. I guess you could say I forgot how to read numbers. I pushed my self out and put my head between my legs to get the spinning and nausea to stop.

Todd and Mike helped me to the office, where I continued to spin. I had hoped it would stop, and I attempted to writ repair orders, but I couldn't make the keyboard work. About 30 to 40 minutes in, Mike ran me to the E.R. Thanks to mike, I know what 70 mph feels like through town. {thanks mike}

Well, lets make long story short. After hours of tests and a day of observation, they believe I had a small stroke, or a T.I.A. "transient ischemic attacks." WOW. I am Son Of Bob. Well I am home now, and the VA should pick up the rest of the diagnostics.

The computer screen is making me nauseas, or is it the looking up and down. Either way, I am O.K. {till the next time} I promise Todd, I will keep my "episodes" at the house next time. LOL

I mostly feel bad for Pop. Here he was getting his platelets in one side of the hospital while I was in the E.R. We did not tell him until later. He came by the room yesterday after chemo, and that winded him pretty good. Good ol' dad.

Poor Angie felt bad. She is used to me being on the other side of the rail. New experience for her. I told her thats what she gets for marring a crusty old guy.

Don't forget to BLEED FOR THE NEED! Pop's blood drive is on Mat 1st, next Thursday!

Pop had a rough night last night, Thursday the 24th. He ran a temp and was aching real bad. Mom was worried, and neither of them slept. Pop's reactions to the platelets were worse than usual. When he gets blood and platelets, it gets real bad. The itching is worse today, also; however, his spirits are up since I came home. With all his problems, he still worries about his kids.

I am good, Pop is holding in there, and the Schultze's, as usual, are batting 0 for 100. So what else is new. Go with what you know.

Angie says I can weed eat next week as long as I don't fall over. She keeps looking at me like I'm going to explode... Ha, may be I just will.

More later.

Scott

SonOfBob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.