View Single Post
Old Wed May 7, 2008, 07:08 PM

add-on 4/7/2008

Well, the other shoe dropped. Today pop had a bad nose bleed. He went to the hospital and the had to give him platelets. He has been at 19 before, he was 26 yesterday{see stats last post}, and did not have a bleed issue. because he is, pretty much, on weekly platelets. Is this something to expect more often, or mom should be aware of. No on has any "real" answers.

Any care givers at this stage (please read above two pages to catch up on progress) experienced this. Is the bleeding going to persist? He was at 12 on platelet count once, but it was more thans month ago. I know that a month on a dying leukemia patient is a long time, but I guess I am just hoping to be there, when I really need to be there. Pop and I have said all that need to be said, and he and I are, "Good." If you know what I mean. There are no unanswered questions, and every thing has been put into order.

Feed back from someone that has been here, or am I the first to write the road map of progression here? If so, I do hope it helps others in the future.

I'm always checking.

Thanks

Scott
Son of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.