View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 14, 2008, 02:39 AM

BMB was no problem for me

Hello Everyone,
I have not been officially diagnosed yet after 9 months of blood tests and the last BMB, but with all the reading I've done, I at least am getting a bit of a headstart.
Anyways, the last BMB was actually pretty fast and it only hurt four times for a few seconds when the bone marrow was taken out.
They numbed the hip area and showed me that big needle and I was praying real hard. The whole procedure was probably about 10 minutes. No pain after that. I just took some Tylenol and that was it. Whew!
It really wasn't a bad procedure. I am getting another one next week because I want to know what is wrong with me. I've waited too long for them to find a diagnosis. The hematologist keeps telling me to come back in 2 months and see if there's been any change. I'm tired of it!
Unfortunate for me, I live thousands of miles away from the mainland USA, and I wish I could get a second opinion/third opinion for my condition. I've decided to leave island in 4 months to take medical leave.
I am hoping that my insurance company will approve me to go Stanford University Medical Center.
I hope this helped everyone..... Thanks for having this forum..
Adios, Rick