Thread: candidiasis
View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 7, 2009, 05:53 PM

Thanks,

I finally feel like I'm being listened to. The new haematologist even came in to see me on a Saturday, on his day off!!

He's really easy to talk to and I asked the nursing staff and other patients about him. He is a young doctor from Pakistan (educated in Australia and England) he has gained a reputation for having excellent results for his transplant patients. The nursing staff say that while he is very up to date with new treatments, he is also a little conservative. He is also very popular because he has a cheeky sense of humour, he is also a little bit vain about how he dresses and how he styles his hair, he is also self deprecating. He said that if he thinks I'm not doing what he asks me to do then, he's very good at nagging.

I don't know what's happening to my country at the moment. Those terrible fires to the south of me have finally calmed down a little. So far they have found over 200 bodies with lots of people still missing. But just when we thought the floods and devastation to the north were over, we now have a category 5 cyclone that is causing more flooding. The cyclone is coming south and it looks like it is going to cause some problems here, where I live. I just heard a report on the TV telling us that we should rap ourselves in a blanket and cover ourselves with a mattress. (along with a lot of other advice). I think, that if I tried to cover myself with my mattress, I'd probably be squashed. If the cyclone does come here, I'll create a little nest under my bed with all the emergency supplies that I'll need and hope for the best.

I feel very optimistic and positive for the future for the first time in a long time. SO....I'm going to do what women were meant to do....go shopping for a new handbag.

Bye

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion