Thread: New to Forum
View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 28, 2009, 08:21 PM

Pay for Procrit

Hi Joanne: First off I believe you can have blood donated specifically for your use. I am sure other more current opinions will surface. Here I am watching Pitt beat Villanova and you are confirming my worst fears when you say you won't be able to afford your procrit because of a new co-pay. I am an advance worrier, and ever since I heard about the administration wanting to reform Medicare I have started to worry about the burden which will be dumped on the patient. It would appear the changes have already begun in your case. On Monday I will begin my next week of treatment. On Friday I will recieve a shot of Neulasta. The shot is $6,893. Medicare pays $2,174.15 and Hillman eats the rest. If I have a 5 or 10% co-pay this will be a gigantic hit to our budget. This is particularly true if there are other changes in the payment scale. What if I have to pay a % on the Dacogen which is $3,150 per day for 5 days every 8 weeks. This could turn out to be a case where the wealthiest get the best care and everyone else will have to decide what part of their treatment they will do without. Definitely something to be concerned about.