Thread: New to Forum
View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 31, 2009, 06:31 PM

Chirley, it sounds like you have a great health care system in Australia, where they really take care of their people. Wish we had that here. I have already received a bill for a portion of my Epogen shot, it was $146.00 and there are still 3 more I havn't received a bill for yet.
Donna, my son lives in the same town I do, my sister lives 1 and 1/2 hours from me and she is retired. I keep thinking maybe they are not taking this seriously which is why they are not supportive, hate to think what has to happen to make them take it seriously.
Everyone with MDS, there is a great lecture on the AAMDSIF site under online learning center by Dr. Mikkael Sekeres titled MDS current thinking on disease, diagnosis, and treatment that really helps to explain MDS. I found it very informative, I even printed a copy to take to my doctors with me so I could remember the questions I wanted to ask him. Check it out. Joanne