View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 25, 2015, 03:45 AM

Cheryl, two months off would be a great break. Even if you only delayed the infusion by two weeks and had six weeks off. Sounds good to me.

I have other stuff going on in my life that is rather stressful so I can't really escape anything for very long. As desperate as it seems, I've considered euthanising my little dog (when I left her in someone else's care on my cruise, they treated her badly) and just packing a bag and catching the first taxi out to the nearest train station and go wherever it takes me. I'm sure I could rent in some small town somewhere until I died. I just crave peace from everyone and everything. I can't tell you the last time I woke up in the morning without some do gooder, sticky beak, pain in the proverbial....letting themselves into my house and start fluffing around with things in my kitchen or lounge or even worse just coming unannounced into my bedroom as if I have no rights in my own home. It's not as if I haven't told them (and yes, there's more than one) not to do it. I've set boundaries, I've explained how it makes me feel, I've begged, I've yelled, I've done everything I can think of to stop this invasion of unwanted do good ers but they keep on coming and undermine every bit of dignity, privacy and respect I've ever had. I moved out of my parents home when I was 17 and I lived by myself for the next 40 years. I enjoy my own company. I HATE waking to inane, loud, nonsensical chatter about something as stupid as who was wearing what at the Oscars....I mean really...who gives a s##t! They're actors for Heavens Sake...who cares! I swear the sheer banality of the monotonous drone from daylight to after dark is enough to drive me demented.

I can't stand hospital treatment any more and I'm not getting any peace at home. The more I withdraw from people the more they insist on smothering me. Any suggestions?