View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 1, 2014, 05:55 AM

Thanks Rachael...I've tried to put these services in place myself for Mum and Dad. So have my Mum and Dads GP. Mum and Dad just refuse point blank to let those interfering goody goody two shoes interfere in their business!

I can't even get them to do Advanced Health Care Directives or Enduring Power of Attorneys. Their Wills are out of date. They are both nightmares to deal with when it comes to life's realities. Luckily I have persuaded them to authorise me on their Telephone account, Internet account, electricity account, cable TV account and I pay their private health insurance so I'm already in control of that account. I swear I don't know how my Dad is going to pay his bills when I can't because he only knows how to physically go and pay them in person by cheque. Well, he won't be able to drive for much longer...what then? He shakes so much he can hardly hold a pen. Every day he forgets he has left something cooking and the smoke alarm goes off, I can hear it from my house. I have to phone him and make sure he has it under control.

When I raise these practical day to day realities he gets teary and says he can't cope and he's too old to think about these things, but he won't let anyone help either.

I love him so much. I don't want to leave him to cope with it all. It's not fair...he doesn't deserve it.