View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 2, 2014, 03:46 PM

Good news, bad news.

Bad news first. Second MRI definitely confirms new lesion. I rang brother and asked for help with my mother when my father has surgery next week. The answer was NO. He said he wanted nothing to do with anything! He even said he didn't want to be left anything in any Wills! He is getting odder by the day. He just can't handle anything that might upset his own little bubble.

good news is that lesion is lower on the spinal cord than first thought so will not have as great an impact as I was lead to believe (at this time).

Other good news.

I've had a reality check with both my parents (I have no hair left) and we are getting a live in paid carer with her own seperate living space to share between us. We already have an area she can live but it's a bit rough (new bathroom but the bed/sit needs renovating) but we (should I say, i) have already found someone and theyre starting this weekend. As soon as I get home I'm arranging for the builders to come and renovate the bed/sit and put in a new window, seperate private entrance, air conditioning, walkin robe and kitchenette. She can choose paint colours and carpet.

It's going to be a win/win because it's an Aunt of mine who is a lot younger than my Mum (by 20 years) and is in need of a permanent home and knows my mothers personality problems already. My father is already fond of her because he already raised her as a child, kind of like her step Dad.

I can't believe I've managed this from my hospital bed!

The relief is enormous.