View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 27, 2013, 06:58 AM

I don't really know what steroids do to white cells long term. I know that they raise the neutrophils in the short term because they are released early from the bone marrow and vascular walls in response. It's called margination.

I'm not on steroids all the time any more just when I'm in hospital so the sensitivity to copper is reduced.

I've done well with this cold and chest infection. One of my friends has it and she's on antibiotics and has been off work for almost two weeks. My mother has it and is on antibiotics (and whining and moaning). The next door neighbour has it and he's been home all last week off work. The GPs secretary said that it's rampant and there are a lot of cases of "man flu" coming through their doors.

Where in Tasmania are you? I did a trip around a couple of years ago. Lovely place but those mountain roads are bit tricky for my liking. Seeing all those crosses showing where people have died in crashes or going over the edge.....not for me! I'm not a trusting person and being driven by someone else who seemed a little reckless at times was just plain horrifying. I considered buying a holiday home in Triabunna (not so mountainous) but decided I didn't want to do the flight all the time given my mobility problems.