View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 29, 2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyn11 View Post
Just released from the hospital on Sunday after 11 days - they finally determined it was Aspergillosis Pneumonia after a Lumbar Puncture and Lung tissue biopsy. I am now on anti fungal, antibiotic and antiviral meds. Hopefully they will keep me out of the hospital for a while.

I know there were some posts by people who had fungal infections/pneumonia. Just wondering if anyone had Aspergillosis.

Tracey
I haven't heard from you in awhile so I am happy to see a post from you! That's awful you have this pneumonia! My dad has not had pneumonia but he is dealing with other issues as well. He had a severe reaction to blood he received and he was in the ICU for 2 days. I hate to hear you are going through all these infections but SO HAPPY they finally have you on those 3 medications (anti-viral-fungal-biotic). Since your white count has been low, now you have some back-up with these meds!! I hope for a speedy recovery and don't forget to exercise! Even just a short walk will really help. Talk soon!
Daughter of father diagnosed with MDS RAEB-II intermediate risk due to normal cytogenetics. Blasts at 13% peripheral blood at diagnosis with no cytopenias. 6 cycles on Vidaza then on to SCT at Duke. BMT from my brother and now showing signs of relapse. DLI in the works.