Thread: Should I worry?
View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 7, 2015, 08:43 AM

Excel Spreadsheet

Cheryl had a good idea about the spread sheet. I never get worried about a single lab value. There is an old saying in engineering, "a single data point doesn't constitute a trend". I started the attached spreadsheet when my CBC counts were going down. I posted a version of it a while back but couldn't find it so here is the current version of it. The arrows in the individual cells will show whether the level is above or below the normal range. You can change the normal range to match your lab in columns C and D. The "Overall" tab has a graph of several CBC items. It got a little busy so I made some additional graphs of single items by themselves, e.g., Platelets, MPV, WBC, etc. Keeping track of where the CBC was done is important because if you notice a spike or dip and it correlates to a change in lab, it may just be the difference in lab equipment.

Hope this helps

Data
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Blood Test Comparison.xlsx (93.2 KB, 32 views)