View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 25, 2014, 06:28 AM

Hi Heather,

I am almost 18 months out from my BMT and At most I might have a couple of drinks maybe once or twice a week. I was never a big drinker and can easily go weeks without having a drink then have a few in a social situation. I can't remember when exactly but sometime during the 6-12 month mark I asked the registrar whether I could have a drink and she said a couple was fine.. I then asked my head doctor who was surprised she said yes cause she was usually very conservative about such things but he also was happy for me to have a few. Though I was never told that I couldn't drink even early days. However I have found that in Australia we seem to be more relaxed about stuff.

I go to the doc on fri, so if I remember I will ask again but he has never asked how much I drink etc so I haven't ever really worried about it until reading this