View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 26, 2014, 08:42 PM

alcohol post transplant

31 mos post transplant i will have a beer about every 2 weeks. Red wine which i love can give an upset stomach and vodka only 1once or twice a year. My transplant dr said only 1 beer or wine on special occasions during my first couple of years. But now my now dr seems more concerned that i should lighten up and enjoy socializing more. When my husband and i go out for a boat ride and he has beer chilling in the cooler, i find asking for a sip and taking a swig does the trick. I may go on to say we were recently in Colorado, land of legal pot and i ate part of a "brownie" with my tea. So many restrictions placed on a person post transplant (with gvhd) one has to loosen up some or will "crack the vessel".
f68 MDS; abmt 1/12. ABO mismatch 11 mos. (70) transf. Ferr 3-5k. 8 phlebot. AGVHD to CGVHD. skin,eyes. lungs as of 10/13. muscle weakness &osteo long term steroids.photopheresis 2x wk as of 3-15.pred 20 eod,acyclovir, mepron, voriconazole, pantropazole, lisinopril, montelukast, anoro, azithromycin.