View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 28, 2015, 12:55 AM

I don't take any other supplements besides the D3 regularly, Tracey.

When I feel the slightest hint of a sore throat I take a 1000 mg capsule of Echinacea and continue to take it 2-3 times a day until the sore throat goes - most times it does if I catch it early.

I'm vulnerable to UTIs so I keep a good supply of Cranberry capsules 15000mg on hand and start taking those at the slightest hint, plus drink heaps of water of course. I break the capsules into water and drink that for the fastest effect.

Sucking on cranberry capsules (sour) is also excellent along with the Echinacea to help fight sore throats.

As far as wounds go, I just soak a dressing in hydrogen peroxide and apply it for a day or so.

I also avoid dairy foods and foods containing cane sugar. Honey is fine. Occasionally I indulge in something dairy and/or sugar sweet and I always regret it because those things give me a lot of phlegm, which creates a wonderful environment for a respiratory infection!

Having said all that, I still have to have antibiotics every now and then and the effect is always to drop my white cells afterwards for a month or so.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.