View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 29, 2008, 06:39 AM

Question?

Hello Chirley,

I have been wondering why you are not on bi-weekly, or as-needed transfusions. Pop gets tested every Tuesday. If he needs blood, they give him 2 units. If he needs platelets, 1 bag. He was going for weeks at a time. Today he gets another blood test. After talking with him, I am sure he will be ready for both today; however, this was already written for him back in September 2007. The doctor was very clear about his path, it's just that he was not expecting pop to be such a Schultze... Ha, Ha.

I can't imagine what 5 units would be like. Pop is fighting with the antibodies that are left after his blood is irradiated and that's only 2 units. {his white count is only at .9 to 1.3 avg.} If it weren't for his neuprogen.....

I was looking at your numbers, have you taken them all and graphed them? that has helped us determine what Pop's weeks, or good/bad days were, mostly, caused by.

Hope your feeling better.

Scott
Son of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.