View Single Post
Old Tue May 17, 2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mola-tecta View Post
Shroob, I am so sorry that the treatment course has made a turn for the worse like this. What a hassle!

I understand the need to place cancer patients first. But I also feel that leaves patients with other diseases like Aplastic Anemia kind of hung out to dry. Sometimes I get the same sort of sense from my mother's hematologist office.

Hopefully you can find some answers soon. I would try giving Dr. Young's office a call, from what I remember Matthew42 had gotten a better response from them this way.

I also found that the Cleveland Clinic will do a Virtual Second Opinion: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/depar...s#overview-tab

It's a bit pricey, but it also looks like if you call them or have your doctor refer you to their office, they have the option for virtual visits as well. Dr. Maciejewski is supposed to be another of the world's leading experts in AA.
mola-tecta,

Of course. I hold no animosity towards Seattle or the cancer patients, I just have more of a negative emotional response since it's my mom who is being turned away...OUR moms who are being turned away (I read your latest post, and I'm so sorry your mother's hematologist isn't treating her how he should), but it's no one's fault.

It's really funny actually --my mom just got off the phone with Cleveland and we're pushing through a referral from her hematologist here as soon as we can. I gave her Dr. Maciejewski's name after your reply so she can ask for him if possible.
We're hoping third times a charm...
Will definitely recommend her to call Dr. Young as well.

Thank you for all your help! Please take care of yourself.