View Single Post
Old Fri May 27, 2022, 01:34 AM

Small update: Cleveland won't take my moms insurance so we're not going that route at the moment.
We spoke to her hematologist last week and he said that we need to get her the ATG treatment either here or in Utah, so we left it up to him to figure out if Utah could take her or if here would be sooner. While it would be nice to have her closer to home, Boise doesn't see as many aplastic anemia cases and my mom prefers to do ATG at a facility with more experience.
So far it's been a week and we haven't heard anything.

She had a 20 minute nose bleed yesterday and when she went in for her weekly blood draw today her platelets were at 6. Lowest they've ever been. That's what we get for going 2 weeks without platelets (last transfusion was 2 weeks ago Friday and they did a blood draw last Wednesday and her platelets were 12, so we held off until this week). Not sure what her hemoglobin was but not low enough yet for blood, I'm guessing next week she will get blood though as she's been getting it every 3 weeks now.

Hoping we hear back and get her in for ATG soon.

Edit: hemoglobin 7.9 this last visit.

Last edited by Shroob : Sat May 28, 2022 at 03:45 PM.