View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 25, 2022, 11:59 PM

Marlene & Neil,

Thank you for your replies! I am so glad to hear about your positive experience with Dr. Deeg as well, Neil.

As for planning a BMT after the ATG, I think Dr. Deeg just wants to get a search going ASAP for a non-related donor just in case the ATG isn't successful. Her hemoglobin is dropping weekly and she is now getting weekly blood & platelet transfusions so I think he wants to move rapidly (and most likely due to the kidney & avoiding iron overload). I think they're also nervous about the immunosuppressant therapy on the transplanted kidney and feel the BMT might even be "easier" for her. I could be completely wrong though. We just read his after care visit summary and he mentioned a small detection of PNH DN M T3a and that we have to be diligent in watching for MDS.

I was wrong about the 4 month inpatient stay--she will just have to stay nearby to the hospital in Seattle. She might be able to come home, but she doesn't want to be treated here in Idaho, and it did sound like Dr. Deeg wanted her close by there as well.

Really just trying to wrap my head around this. I am in no way versed in medical terminology so thank you for bearing with me and taking the time to reply to this thread. It means a lot to my mom and I.

Take care everyone.