View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 26, 2014, 12:05 AM

Counts falling after ATG

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but have been reading all the posts here since I was diagnosed in early June 2014.

I had my 4-day ATG treatment in early July 2014, and was discharged from the hospital after about a fortnight's stay, and I see my doctor every week to monitor my counts.

My numbers upon discharge are as follows: WBC 1.2, ANC 0.39, HGB 8.3, Plt 14

I was put on some medication to prevent serum sickness (Prednisolone etc). Within a week, my WBC saw a stellar recovery: WBC 4.35, ANC 2.00, HGB 7.4, Plt 6.

I had a bag of platelets after that, but otherwise it seemed like good news.

However over the next couple of weeks, after my steroids were tapered off, I'm seeing falling counts again every week, and my HGB even hit the lowest point they have ever been. Currently they stand at WBC 3.75, ANC 0.60, HGB 5.8, Plt 11.

I'm really afraid that the ATG treatment isn't working. The doctor says she'll give it 6 months before she declares it a failure, but is there anyone here who has seem falling counts even after the ATG treatment? Isn't the ATG treatment supposed show even minimal growths across some lines?

Will appreciate any advice, as this is a condition that I can't seem to actively do anything about... Thank you all