View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 15, 2015, 09:41 PM

The problem with waiting a week or so Cheryl is that I will be straight after my copper infusions and the count will be (hopefully) affected by the infusion. It's how fast and by how much my counts are dropping after my infusions that is the worrying part.

As a matter of fact, I'm in hospital right now and I've spoken to the physician and he refused to order a blood test for today in any case but will order one in a couple of days time after I've had a couple of doses of copper. I really can't see the point but hey...he's the doctor! I wanted to know exactly how low my counts are dropping before my next lot of copper so I know just how careful I need to be on this cruise which will be the week I'm due for next copper treatment (will be postponing treatment for ten days) so my counts will be at their lowest. i could see by the look on his face that he was surprised that I had pancytopenia again within two weeks of my previous treatment. Hopefully it's just the infection and antibiotics causing the glitch but I'll have to wait and see. It's just bad timing with the cruise coming up but that's life!

I've decided that I'm going to my GP a few days before my cruise and just get a FBC to check my counts for my peace of mind.