View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 25, 2015, 01:05 AM

Birgitta if you decide to go to hospice would you refuse blood transfusions? I've decided that even if I refuse copper treatment I will still have transfusions because I really hate being breathless/lightheaded. I'd rather get an overwhelming sepsis. Is there some way hospice can help stop us feeling bad if we refuse transfusions?

Anyway that's for another day, luckily you have had a better day and so have I and each better day is a bonus.

My shopping trip was a very pleasurable experience even if I came home exhausted but surprisingly I didn't spend as much as I expected. There were some very good sales on at the moment. I still need a couple of items for my cruise if it goes ahead but I'll get them next week. My friend just rang to say her mother in law has ovarian cancer with spread to her lungs. I told her I don't expect her to leave her husband under these circumstances but she seems to think that she will still be able to come....I don't want her to feel any obligation. If necessary I can manage on my own (I think).

I was supposed to have my temporary J tube changed for a permanent one today and I'll admit to a little trepidation. I turned up at the doctors rooms, was taken into his procedure room, he set up for the procedure, tried to remove the old tube and...IT WOULDNT COME OUT.....what an anti climax. The surgeon said that the internal sutures haven't dissolved yet and if he forced the tube out he wouldn't be able to reinsert the new one because of the restriction and I'd have to be taken for immediate surgery. So I still have the old temporary tube in but I was given a kit with the new tube and the insertion bits and pieces to carry with me just in case this old one falls out when the internal stitches dissolve. Either I can get a local doctor to do it or my friend on the cruise to do it (she's a nurse) but after he explained it to me, I think I will be able to do it myself if I really have to.

I told him I didn't want the surgery but he doesn't think that's an option. He is adamant I need this surgery and is determined I have it. He also told me his last patient with this exact same surgery is very sick in ICU post op and she is 20 years younger than me with no other medical problems....so he isn't sugar coating anything......I think he was trying to make sure I tried to get the best nutritional state that I can before he operates....that's if I agree to it.

Im even going to see if I have enough stamina tomorrow to try my old hobby...baking. I used to love baking cakes, biscuits and bread but have been too weak to do much. Tomorrow I'll try....