View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 12, 2013, 03:46 PM

Isn't it interesting that a lot of the stresses of chronic illness is caused not so much by the illness but by dealing with the medical profession?

When I told the psychiatrist the my Physician asked me if it was alright for me to be admitted for treatment on Friday that I got off the phone and cried because it's the first time since I've been dealing with this illness that some one has asked me permission instead of ordering me.

He said that most medical people don't understand the lack of control we feel as chronically ill people and how important it is for us to feel control over our own lives.

(The psychiatrist really does ask the questions like in the movies...how was your childhood, how is your relationship with your parents). I thought he knew that i was a pretty conservative person when he said "I don't need to ask if you've ever taken illicit drugs, I already know the answer". Yep, it's obvious, no rebellions for me, quiet, conservative, conformist and boring.

I don't know the name of the tablet I'm going to start taking but he is coming back this afternoon and he'll order it then.

I had a pretty bad night last night I had a severe reaction to the copper despite three lots of IV Hydrocortisone and oral Claratyne. Rash/itch/burning, stomach cramps/diarrhea, wheezing/cough and low BP and oxygen Sats. I'm glad the hospital has run out of the Copper Sulphate and today will be a rest day until they can get some more from Baxter tomorrow. I'll be here an extra day but that's ok, I'll just chill out and enjoy the room service.

Ill PM you Honey. Sounds like you've had the run around too. I used to think our health system was world class but realisation has dawned that it has started going down the gurgler.